Live with me the way I want it... KIMIAJ Coffee..Books.. and ME: Rainy season MUST haves

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Rainy season MUST haves

The weather here in the Philippines has been so moody that I couldn't just decide what to wear in a day. Supposedly, it is summer here (almost always) from the month of March until first week of June. However, because of some global warming effects, it's been changing over the years. Because of that, we are experiencing downfall unpredictably in between summer days. That's why, last night I was pondering how to spend my one month salary to buy rainy-season-must-have items in advance.

So I was thinking what should I wear in rainy season without compromising fashion. Perhaps, this will also give you an idea. So here is my partial list:

1. UMBRELLA. Never go out without your umbrella inside your bag unless otherwise you are willing to ruin your perfect outfit that took you hours at night before you had finally decided what to wear after going back and forth in the closet just to mix and match some of your clothing items. There are so many varieties to choose from. You can choose from plains to prints to plaids to laces (but laces will surely won't work on wet days but looks very chic), etc. It depends on your style.
In my case, I prefer a plain-three-fold umbrella that I can just dump inside my bag. I guess, it is more safe to choose a plain umbrella so I can perfectly match it with whatever clothes I put on. For me, there's really no rules governing what type of umbrella you should use to match your outfit, what matter most is the purpose it offers to you on rainy days.

2. JACKETS and RAIN COATS. Grab something to keep you warm on cold days for the months of June to August. You can get cool jackets in locals stores and boutiques that will fit you best. I go for darker shades because I find it easier to match them with printed tees. On normal days, I am more comfortable and carefree to wear tees than to put on dress and blouse, much more when it drizzles outside. It looks more elegant to pair a plain basic jacket (like dark blue, gray, black, brown, red, etc) with a tee that has print on it or vise versa, that is to avoid having an ostentatious look. So you when June starts to make it's way to the calendar, start shopping for dainty jackets in the town's shopping centers to avail back to school discounts. wink!

3. WELLIES. It's been two years now since I first crave to have a pair of rain boots. My craziness about this stuff started when I first saw it in a magazine last 2007 (I'm just not so sure what month it was). Then few months after, I saw "US girls" featuring "Plueys", with there famous tag line "Celebrate the rain" in one of their episodes. That was the time I realized that there are available stylish pair of wellies in the Philippines. Unfortunately, It is only available in Manila that's why until now, I still don't own a pair which I have long been dying for. If I have a chance to visit Manila by next month, I'll surely take time to visit Pluey's store since Chooka is not yet available here in the Philippines. See, with a pair of super-duper-cute rain boots, there's nothing to worry about stepping your feet in oh-so-yucky flooded streets. If you are intested to get one, might try to choose a good pair in these websites. http://www.pluey.com/ and http://www.chookaboot.com/


4. CARDIGANS/ SWEATERS. If you don't feel like wearing hooded jackets because it doesn't look appealing with your sexy dress, you can try wearing plain knitted sweater with buttons up the front to keep your foxy looks. You can select a cardigan with frills along the edges, a V-neck striped cardigan, a bolero type or those with puffed sleeves and much much more depending on your preference to create a well put-together look. However, if buying one won't fit into your budget because you're tightening your belt thesedays, you can start learning to knit and create your own design as much as you want. If you prefectly do so, take a snap shot of it and leave a message and I'll surely love to take a look at it. (promise!)

5. SHORTS. You may think it's too cold outside when it's raining cats and dogs. Perhaps, to some degrees it is but not freezing cold (It's tropical here in the Philippines) . However, If you don't have a pair of stylish rain boots to spare the edges of your trousers from getting wet, I guess, it's better to get yourself up with shorty shorts that would surely complement your whole attire when properly donned.



So I'm saving every cent for rainy days...

Wink!

No comments:

Post a Comment