Live with me the way I want it... KIMIAJ Coffee..Books.. and ME: Me and my ENC friends

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Me and my ENC friends

Well, I just want to share my learning and experiences as an ESL teacher.

When I was still a nursing student in SPC, I was really an eager beaver to become a great nurse someday. My interest was really set on paving my way to becoming a great nurse someday. However, right after taking the examination last December 2007, I got so damn bored at home waiting for the result that took a hundred years before it was released. Since, I am the kind of a person who can't stay at home for too long (utmost 1 week), I tried so many ways how to remedy an insanely tedious days at home. When my friends asked me to join them to go job-hunting, I never hesitated. We went around Davao City to look for some interesting and good job to spend our spare time while waiting for the result of the exam. I never wanted to work as a call center agent but ironically, I submitted all my resumes to different call center companies here in Davao City. hahaha.. Good thing, I didn't have hard time passing all the interviews.The time when I had to decide where to work, I had difficulty convincing myself whether or not accept the jobs and start working as a night owl in a cold barren cubicle. I said to myself "Why not!?". Until one good afternoon, when I was about to submit my resume in Link2support (now Concentrix), a friend of mine from HR department told me not to pursue a career in any call centers. He referred me to work in ENC instead as an online English teacher. It sounded cool to me though I had some friends whose friends used to work in ENC said nothing but negative comments.
I just said I would try since it's also a privilege for me to hone my English skills to make me someday proficient in using the language when I'll be working abroad (ambisyosa!) hahaha . So I did take the exam and passed it as well as the interview. I must admit that the first few days of training in ENC were tough, the job is OK but some factors were not. I guess, nothing could beat the hardship that I had when I was still a nursing student. However, I never regret working in ENC for almost 15 months now because my circle of friends grew bigger. Actually it's my very first job but I'm planning to quit soon and pursue my true calling.. that is NURSING.




from Left to right : Joy, ME, Jea

Joy, Jea, Darl, ME



This picture was taken after our lunch break. It was scorching hot outside yet we still had guts to have our haggard-looking face be snapped. hahaha.. Sowee guys...

From left to right: NICE, Claire, and ME..



1 comment:

  1. san yang pic nyo nla joy hubs?? yang naka green ka???

    ReplyDelete